The W3C Credentials Community Group

Meeting Transcriptions and Audio Recordings (2014-today)

Go Back

Verifiable Credentials for Education Task Force Telecon

Minutes for 2021-12-13

<kerri_lemoie> can you hear me?
<colin_reynolds,_learning_economy> no
<kerri_lemoie> arg. Back in moment. Thanks
<kerri> Hi All- I'm setting up the meeting and fixing my sound (again). We'll get going in a few.
<simone_ravaioli> Hey all! Kerri is having some audio-issue she is trying to fix, ICYMI.
<kerri_lemoie> Thanks, @Simone

Topic: IP Note

Topic: Call Notes

<simone_ravaioli> Let me know if you want me to read through the boiler plate sfuff, Kerri
<john_kuo> I'm partially babysitting so I can't :(
<simone_ravaioli> (ok, I seem to have audio issues to..)

Topic: Scribe Selection

Phil Long is scribing.
<phil_l_(p1)> Simone and others with audio issues may wish to try Firefox browser.

Topic: Introductions & Reintroductions

<phil_l_(p1)> Re-intros?

Topic: Announcements & Reminders

<phil_l_(p1)> Announcements - VC-EDU task force mailing list. Tomorrow's CCG topics is about community groups and how to best work with the CCG. Tomorrow 9:00am PST noon EST. the link is above.
<phil_l_(p1)> This is the last meeting of the year, resuming Jan. 3.
<phil_l_(p1)> Simone audio check?
<colin_reynolds,_learning_economy> So strange I had to switch browsers for my audio to work as well
<colin_reynolds,_learning_economy> 😞
<phil_l_(p1)> Update to Chrome broke Jitzi audio and switching to Firefox gets around the problem.

Topic: Simone Ravaioli - Canada & Europe Standardization Updates

<phil_l_(p1)> Simone - sharing with possible actionable items for next year. Two significant workstreams in the Stds. world re: VCs happening outside the US
<phil_l_(p1)> CIO strategy council in Canada working on VCs
<timothy_summers> Keep getting kicked out, wondering if I'll need to switch browsers as well.
<phil_l_(p1)> Draft specification will be shared in the minutes. It is a sister initiative - may be people in the call participating on the discussions about the Canadian standard.
<phil_l_(p1)> We should stay aligned with the Canadian workstream.
<phil_l_(p1)> The other initiative is restarting in the EU, Another group CEN, is also working in this space.
<phil_l_(p1)> The group is getting restarted after initial works several years ago. Now working on a business plan and new scope of work. We should have a liaison with these two efforts.
<phil_l_(p1)> Later see links in the chat

Topic: End of Year Recap & Planning for 2022

<phil_l_(p1)> Kerri - proud of the work this group has done built on the foundational work by Kim Hamilton Duffy, and of the LER work that opened options toward VC directions.
<phil_l_(p1)> Now started work on both single assertion credentials with OBv3 and more complex credentials with CLRv2. Should have some candidacy for a new standard in late first quarter or second quarter of 2022.
<phil_l_(p1)> Have gone through a lot of use cases and now should be a focus of coming work in the new year.
<phil_l_(p1)> We have two new co-chairs in Simone and Dmitri
<phil_l_(p1)> If you have thoughts for what you think VC-EDU should work on in the new year, or create issues in the Repo directly. The Repo is in the chat.
Kerri Lemoie: Phil_L_(P1): gates funding for focus on single assertion endorsement credentials to be worked on: establish a collective to work on this amongst all groups.
<timothy_summers> The Pocket team is interested in being in the loop, we've made lots of progress in the area of endorsement credentials.
<phil_l_(p1)> Thank you Dmitri!
<phil_l_(p1)> Open Recognition Alliance and the Open Recognition group at the Open Skills Network has contributions to make in this endorsement skills VC design process
<kerri_lemoie> Email announcements on Blockcerts:
<phil_l_(p1)> Highland has released Blockcerts_v3 - anyone in the community has some understanding on how the blockcerts community is doing, keeping track of their work etc.
<phil_l_(p1)> If so please share info. Kerri has reached out to them to join us Jan. 3rd (that is the Blockcerts group).
<phil_l_(p1)> Dmitri is interested in making sure that there is sharing and cross-pollination of this space in 2022.
<phil_l_(p1)> Kerri's prediction is some draft model docs for new VCs will be out in mid-to-late VCs.
<colin_reynolds,_learning_economy> Cheers!
<john_kuo> Happy holidays all!
<phil_l_(p1)> With nothing further we;ll end earlier. Happy holideas
<kayode_ezike> Cheers!
<phil_l_(p1)> THAT IS HOLIDAYS
<phil_l_(p1)> Cheers everyone.