VC API Task Force
Transcript for 2022-01-11
- Introductions and Reintroductions
- Relevant Community Updates
- Verifiable Credential Refresh 2021
- Issuer Automation Pull Request
- Manu Sporny, Orie Steele, Markus Sabadello, Mike Varley, Mahmoud Alkhraishi
- Our Robot Overlords
- Manu Sporny, Justin Richer, Mike Prorock, Markus Sabadello, Tobias Looker, Mahmoud Alkhraishi, Joe Andrieu, Rolson Quadras, Juan Caballero, TallTed // Ted Thibodeau (he/him) (OpenLinkSw.com), brentz, Eric Schuh, Phil L (P1), Adrian Gropper, Orie Steele, Kerri Lemoie, TallTed // Ted Thibodeau Jr (via iPhone), Dmitri Zagidulin, James Chartrand, Phil (T3), Brian Richter
- Audio Log
Our Robot Overlords are scribing.
<tobias_looker> Thanks manu :) was scratching my head why audio wasn't working
Topic: Introductions and Reintroductions
Topic: Relevant Community Updates
<adrian_gropper> Don't ask me that :)
<orie> I wish for the W3C to become a Legal Entity.
<mprorock> ROFL @orie
Topic: Verifiable Credential Refresh 2021
<mprorock> Follow on, honestly should we note on some of these things that they might be intended to merge into main VC API spec/WG?
<orie> Agree with you Joe.
<orie> exactly markus... but this is the first that I am aware that depends on VC API?
<orie> StatusList depends of VC Data Model, this appears to depend on VC Data Model and VC API Draft?
<mprorock> Traceability work does the same thing.
<orie> There were objections when we did this, with Traceability... I guess the door is open now?
<orie> I was limiting my criticism to drafts that depend on drafts... HTTP and W3C VC Data Model are standards... but yes, answered.
<orie> I would never assume someone won't formally object.
<orie> in fact, start assuming they will.
Topic: Issuer Automation Pull Request
<orie> Is it compatible with GNAP?
<orie> can you use GNAP with "interact"?
<orie> these are good questions.
<mprorock> you can downgrade tokens in oauth
<justin_richer> yes you can downscope in Oauth, I wrote that section in the spec :)
<mprorock> so you want a central point of failure and control?
<orie> Lets volunteer Joe : )
<orie> he makes diagrams!
<dmitriz> it doesn't have diagram, but has step by step examples
<orie> I get concerned anytime i hear choke point... some guys like squeezing choke points.
<mprorock> off topic, but yes important
<orie> WACI/PeX isn't a work item, I don't want to comment on it.
<orie> but I don't think thats a good strategy.
<mprorock> can we bring this in as a work item to CCG?
<mprorock> i would feel better on call time and contributing if it were and covered by full IPR
<juan_caballero_(spruce)> (to the previous point about /available endpoint initiation)
<orie> You might try the regular call time and mailing list
<mprorock> if we can get this aligned better with trace, I would happily co-sponsor.
<orie> Great work on this.