W3C CCG Weekly Teleconference
Transcript for 2022-02-15
- Introductions and Reintroductions
- Progress on Action Items
- Cryptographic Debrief of DIDs and VCs by SRI
- Heather Vescent, Mike Prorock, Kimberly Linson
- Our Robot Overlords
- Heather Vescent, David Balenson, Mike Prorock, Jeff Orgel, Chris Abernethy (mesur.io), Kimberly Linson, TallTed // Ted Thibodeau (he/him) (OpenLinkSw.com), Manu Sporny, James Chartrand, Erica Connell, Lucy Yang, Will Abramson, Anil John, Marty Reed, Kerri Lemoie, Nick Meyne, Andy Miller, PL, Mahmoud Alkhraishi, Orie Steele, Dmitri Zagidulin, Kayode Ezike, Brian, rgrant (ryan grant), Bob Wyman, rgrant (ryan grant) take2, Brent Zundel, Ryan Grant, Charles E. Lehner, rgrant (ryan grant) take3 - works!, Markus Sabadello
- Audio Log
<heather_vescent> Hi David are you able to hear me?
Our Robot Overlords are scribing.
<manu_sporny> I can help with fixing some minutes gaps, Heather.
<mprorock> minutes gaps are likely my fault
<manu_sporny> *shakes fist at MikeP* :P
<manu> example of how to fix things: s/OLD_TEXT/NEW_TEXT/
Topic: Introductions and Reintroductions
<manu_sporny> woo hooo! Welcome Kimberly!
<pl> Congratulations Kimberly!
<heather_vescent> yay! So excited to have you Kimberly!
<pl> Wow - in Safari the chat seems to now be self-scrolling. Well done Jitsi devs!
<manu_sporny> Super excited about Kimberly stepping up to co-chair! Hooray!
<mprorock> big +1 Heather, and very excited to be joined by Kimberly ;)
<kerri_lemoie> Thanks, Kim! Appreciate that you're dedicating time to this initiative. Great to have you as a co-chair to help shepherd the work of this group.
Topic: Progress on Action Items
<rgrant> i'm being dropped from the telephone line, and neither Chrome nor Firefox offer me audio. any hints?
<pl> @rgrant I'm finding Safari works well these days, if that's an option for you.
<mprorock> I would note, I think it can go into the VC WG without a co-owner
<mprorock> just needs an IPR sign off
<orie> it can go into the VC WG without a co-owner.
<mprorock> Orie i belive confirmed that with Ivan as well
<dmitri_zagidulin> me says:s/cryptography sweet/crypto suite/
<mprorock> WG charter - likely 30days tops
<marty_reed> manu can you share the link to the work item?
Topic: Cryptographic Debrief of DIDs and VCs by SRI
<dmitri_zagidulin> Heather -- the presentation's needs public permission
<pl> ditto for me Heather
<pl> That now works Heather
<heather_vescent> Are you able to access it now?
<orie> audio is a bit low
<pl> @Orie audio is fine at my end.
<anil_john> Not exactly .. but OK :-)
<heather_vescent> We will also dedicate next week for more discussion.
<mprorock> Ma, I haven't seen skipjack in a while
<mprorock> assume that SPHINCS+ and or a lattice based approach will come into play (e.g. DILITHIUM)
<mprorock> to note that this discussion will continue next week from an implementation standpoint
<mprorock> and in some of these items, like PQC they go far beyond gov
<pl> Fantastic presentation - Thank you.
<manu_sporny> Yes, wonderful presentation, thank you David!