VC API Task Force
Transcript for 2022-03-15
- Agenda Review, Introductions, Relevant Community Updates
- Remove issue VC option to change verification method
- Initial PR for exchange discovery
- Clarify that IDs are opaque to client
- Bundle VC-API and provide UX on API Docs
- Initial GET and DELETE Operations
- Add JSON Schema renderer for ReSpec
- Manu Sporny, Orie Steele, Markus Sabadello, Mike Varley, Mahmoud Alkhraishi
- Our Robot Overlords
- TallTed // Ted Thibodeau (he/him) (OpenLinkSw.com), Manu Sporny, Markus Sabadello, Joe Andrieu, Dave Longley, Brent Zundel, Justin Richer, Mike Prorock, Eric Schuh, Kerri Lemoie, Orie Steele, Kayode Ezike, Brian Richter, Dmitri Zagidulin
- Audio Log
Our Robot Overlords are scribing.
Topic: Agenda Review, Introductions, Relevant Community Updates
<tallted_//_ted_thibodeau_(he/him)_(openlinksw.com)> ftp, http, smtp, uucp.... all move documents, which may include VCs
<tallted_//_ted_thibodeau_(he/him)_(openlinksw.com)> sorry... sftp, https, smtp-auth, uupc-over-tls, etc.
<orie> obligatory XKCD link regarding too many standards
Topic: Remove issue VC option to change verification method
<orie> embrace, extend, extinguish
Topic: Initial PR for exchange discovery
<mprorock> still work in progress it looks like
Topic: Clarify that IDs are opaque to client
<mprorock> this is one more reason to go 128bit / UUID
<mprorock> XSS etc
Topic: Bundle VC-API and provide UX on API Docs
<orie> respec actually sucks for defining APIs.
Topic: Initial GET and DELETE Operations
<orie> the current APIs are broken because revocation lists require this.
<orie> I would be fine seeing the exchange apis pulled out of holder apis
<orie> I welcome a PR to that effecct
<orie> then we added revocation which made them stateful
<dave_longley> well, status list / revocation list specs define how to get the revocation VC
<orie> an issuer is a holder of revocation list credentials.
Topic: Add JSON Schema renderer for ReSpec
<orie> pretty sure you can see all those bugs in the rendered specs
<orie> its OAS3.0
<orie> The spec is defined in OAS3.0
<dave_longley> i.e., the renderer output should create W3C normative statements
<mprorock> using md to html
<orie> W3C generally doesn't do HTTP APIs, haven't you heard?