The W3C Credentials Community Group

Meeting Transcriptions and Audio Recordings (2014-today)

Go Back

Verifiable Traceability Task Force

Transcript for 2022-11-08

Our Robot Overlords are scribing.
Ben_-_Transmute: Then I will turn off captions.
Mahmoud Alkhraishi is scribing.
Ben: ipnote and agenda
<pauldietrich_gs1> any time for a quick announcement?
Ben: Trace Vocab week.
Paul: GS1 working on VC for licenses for ids, doc from global office. no GH repo but open for comments. please contact paul.
Paul: We support company ids for gtin, this is our attempt at building VCs for ids, hoping to engage with trace for trusted identifiers.
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: 608, Change request on description
Ben: 613: 3 approvals no CR, merging
Ben: 614: changes type to required on all schema's, consistency fix. 3 approvals no CRs, merging.
Vivien: Probably a name change that was not carried forward, so this keeps it in line with the existing files.
Ted Thibodeau: I can live with the change.
Vivien: Its an autogen file, we should open an issue to fix it.
Ben: Creating issue to track name change. Since this PR is just about an eventCredential, no objections so will merge.
Ben: No PRs on trace interop
Ben: We should be more aggressive about managing issues in trace-vocab.
Ted Thibodeau: Strongly for adding pending close and pinging the person
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: There will be many changes to BOL due to the master shipping changes.
Ben: will assign Nis
Chris: Cannot take issue 278 due to priorities should assign Russel
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Stale issue, already solved in #529
Ben: I want to kepe it as a string, on second thought.
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: expects it to be a number, should probably keep it in line
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Assign me to this issue, action item unclear but we'll try to create a use case flow for it.
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Not sure what the action itme on this issue is, should ping to ask
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Should ask vlad to participate in the call to present on it, if not we should close the issue
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Assign me, i'll review other ontology visualization tools
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: @Paul would love if someone from gs1 to present on EPCIS and how we can use it in the Vocab
Paul: Will look into it
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Because Vlad specifically asked to reopen the issue, we should keep it open, but ping him to get a PR.
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: This is tracked on another issue, should probably add a pending close on the issue.
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: I think we want to define as few as possible, and if we really need to we can define an ontology here. might be worth a topic call to do a pros/cons
Ben: I agree with Orie's point we really shouldn't have new terms if possible, if we aboslutely must we should have a vocab section.
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Any idea when you would remove EAN/UPC vs GTIN?
Paul: Will follow up on this, and get a GS1 GTIN expert to comment
<chris_abernethy> We should tag or assign russel on this one too
Chris: We should assign russel
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Should get an update on this, theres lots of discussion going on here.
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Need to drop
chris_abernethy is scribing.
Ben: we are waiting on unvocab 1.0 to be finalized on this one
Ben: assigning to nis
Ben: any action on this one? Without Mahmoud, Nis, or Orie to provide context, we may not make too much progress on this call...
Chris: agreed, not much we can do with current participants
Chris: I will post minutes