The W3C Credentials Community Group

Meeting Transcriptions and Audio Recordings (2014-today)

Go Back

Verifiable Traceability Task Force

Transcript for 2024-01-23

Nis Jespersen is scribing.
Our Robot Overlords are scribing.
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: I didn't hear this recording started.
Nis Jespersen is scribing.
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Welcome
Nis Jespersen : Guiheme is new here
[Nis feeling shame]
Patrick St-Louis: Reached out to Nis on linked in to connect on 923. Still pending
Nis Jespersen : The term counter is just updated locally then gets included in the commit
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Merged
Nis Jespersen : This only fixes a tiny part of 964
Which we need to discuss more depth.
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: We'll get to that
Nis Jespersen : Got sort of stuck on this
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: I like the govt framing, but not only US
Nis Jespersen : One is US, one is EU
They are quotes from White House, the other for EU COmmission
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: When I read it, I didn't get that
Patrick St-Louis: What I understand from Canada BC is to come into contact with US border agency. Trace is a means to do that
So it does have a US connotation
Nis Jespersen : +1
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Yes, there is a connotation. US govt contracts
However, w3c ccg is not able to make anything binding for the US, speak on behalf or anything
The intention is to make a broader interoperability standard
Patrick St-Louis: Makes sense, there needs to be frameworks to align to
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: The first paragraph needs to be longer
Nis Jespersen : Yes, it sucks
Let's leave it, I'll fix it up
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Switching to interop
Patrick St-Louis: The VC API expects the /credentials/issue response to be the verifiable credential
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Yes, but the issuer tests just test give me the VC directly
Patrick St-Louis: I know, in interop it expects what the spec says
It is a frustrating situation
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: I think it's straight forward, I think it's a bug on the test suite
Just raise a bug issue, it should be a small fix
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Are there any other deviations you have noticed?
Patrick St-Louis: Signature type on the option, that's all
Ted Thibodeau: All good
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Should we keep running or revisit v1 issues
Chris Abernethy: +1 To finish initial tagging of all issues before we go back over those already tagged
Ted Thibodeau: 564 Got closed - unintentionally
Nis Jespersen : I could delete sizerOrAmount due to OG and Agri
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: We need that to express e.g. 7 barrels of oil
Generic enough to be used on many different types of products
Any ideas on how to do that?
Potentially replace sizeOrAmount with quantity
Nis Jespersen : Quantity belongs on line item
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: But you can have 7 barrels without being quantity 7
Ted Thibodeau: We are trying to make everything all at once
That's zero modelling
Throw all attributes against the wall
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Proposal: remove sizeOrAmount, replace with quantity
EPCIS solves this with a generic quantity element
Nis Jespersen : Quantity is on line items
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Each batch is its own distinct product
76000 Barrels of oil being put in a pipeline
The Batch is unique
Just volume might work
Ted Thibodeau: On agri it will be a silo
This is very specific and very generic product specification
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: It might be because this is the only one we have
Ted Thibodeau: Are we working from any kind of paper form, or are we just making it up?
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: 50/50 On OG
Chris Abernethy: Will ping Russel
Nis Jespersen : Consider line items
Ted Thibodeau: Product has properties, volume could be measured in gallons - and you specify the type you are measuring in
Batch is the container holding the product you are getting
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Because its a fluid, batch is always used
Strawberrys don't change is the batch changes. For oil they do.
Ted Thibodeau: Batch sounds like "lot". That's because strawberrys are not fluid
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: This specific collection of barrel
We could remove volume from generic to crudeOil type
Nis Jespersen : You need an abstract class for the product
Ted Thibodeau: Volume matters
Nis Jespersen : Separate type of product from traded volume
Ted Thibodeau: The batch is the product
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Not straight forward because they can be forwarded. They can't be fungable
Ted Thibodeau: Of course it can, siphon off a gallon
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: But then it's a new batch
Nis Jespersen : Don't you need the batch class
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: That's OGproduct
Ted Thibodeau: It's broken, generic has no size or volume. Product is "Liquid x".
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: Industry works with crude oil product. It defines a number of properties on top of product.
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: I will try that, de-assigning Nis, assigning Mahmoud and Russell
Mahmoud Alkhraishi: A functioning OAS should be v1
Volunteers to fix this?
Thank you everyone