Archive a CCG work item
An example is the DID-method-registry
First, prepare to archive. There are 2 different paths depending on whether the work item is being transferred somewhere (1a) or being retired (1b)
(1a) If transferring a work item:
- Redirect github page as described here
- Move/close issues. If multiple, can use bulk export:
- Export with bulk issue mover: https://github.com/gavinr/github-csv-tools
- Upload as .xlsx to new repo
- If there are open pull requests (PRs), add a comment that you are closing it and direct to the new repo.
- Update README.md, first line should say “This repo has moved to LINK”.
- Update the work items list. Move from “in progress” to “completed” section
- Update website in repo settings to point to the new website
(1b) else, if you’re retiring a work item (it’s not transferred anywhere)
- Update README.md, first line should say “This repo has been archived”.
- Update the work items list. Move from “in progress” to “archived” section
(2) Archive the repo
Lastly, mark the repo as archived (settings > danger zone > archive this repository)