CCG Verifiable Credentials for Education Task Force Telecon
Minutes for 2021-07-19
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-credentials/2021Jul/0108.html Topics Introductions & Reintroductions Announcements & Reminders Do we need IRC still when we have Jitsi? Need IRC w/Jitsi? Open Badges 3.0 proposal review Organizer Kim Hamilton Duffy, Kerri Lemoie, Anthony Camilleri
Scribe Nate Otto
Kerri Lemoie, Phil L (P1), Marty Reed, Steve Gance, Adam Lemmon, Doug Belshaw (WAO), Simone Ravaioli (Digitary), Serge Ravet, Gerard Pruim, Sharon Leu, Geoffroi Garon-Epaule, Mark Miller, Dan Blickensderfer, Nate Otto, Ozgur Y, Kim Hamilton Duffy, Don Presant, Kimberly Linson, David Ward, Jackson Morgan, Taylor Kendall, Damon Tindall, Colin, Anthony Ronning, Lohan, Keith Kowal, Stuart Freeman, Brent Zundel Audio Log
Warning: Your browser does not support the HTML5 audio element, please upgrade.
<doug_belshaw_(wao)> Hey all
<phil_l_(p1)> Hey Doug - good to see you here!
<phil_l_(p1)> Hear you fine
<kerri_lemoie> Thanks for your patience. Getting started momentarily
<doug_belshaw_(wao)> Could you paste it in the chat please?
<phil_l_(p1)> Scribe list is not public (at least not accessible to me) (FYI)
Nate Otto is scribing.
Topic: Introductions & Reintroductions
<kim> Lohan Spies from South Africa interested in VC / OB intersection
<kim> Doug Belshaw
Doug Belshaw: Here from the North of England to find out what's happening at the intersection of Open Badges and Verifiable credentials
<kim> Jackson Morgan
Jackson Morgan: Have been talking with Dmitri, Brandon, Philipp at MIT about wallet work.
Marty Reed with RANDA: mentioning we've been working in a small group on Tuesdays on the Complex Credentials work. Other people who want to join that let me know.
Colin Reynolds with Learning Economy Foundation: I've been following VC-EDU stuff for months; now I'm able to join the calls. Been working on the complex creds work.
Don Presant: with Learning Agents (product CanCred, partner Open Badge Factory)
<kerri_lemoie> Great to have everyone here!
Topic: Announcements & Reminders
On Thursday this week, there is a user experience group half day experience in self-sovereign identity (8am PT - 1pm)
<kerri_lemoie> Thanks! @Lohan
Topic: Do we need IRC still when we have Jitsi?
Topic: Need IRC w/Jitsi?
<lohan> Would really love to get a calendar invite for future events.
Topic: Open Badges 3.0 proposal review
<taylor> VC-Edu teamwork FTW ðŸ™Œ
Doug: There has been talk about Creative Commons licensing of badge data for years, is that capability implied by the issuer/creator distinction you're mentioning?
<anthony> don't forget ESCO on the skill descriptors :-)
<phil_l_(p1)> The RSD itself has a CC by 4.0 description associated with it.
<serge_ravet> the achievement of a single skill should sound very suspicious if not connected to other skills (i.e. as part of a "practice")
Nate ... and then many skills can be recognized over time. Multiple skill results in one assertion is fine as well.
Doug: What about breaking changes? Impact?
(We might want to clean up endorsements just a tiny bit; it is effectively already a verifiable credential claim type though, since 2016, so it's using some pre-standardization conventions.)
Doug: I get where you're coming from, Serge, but a counter example: if you work for an organization but fall out with the people who worked there, but they're trying to get rid of the evidence you worked there, having some kind of proof that could survive that attempt might be good.
<phil_l_(p1)> Great job Kerri and Nate!
<serge_ravet> Thank you for the great work Kerri!
Everybody go comment on the PR
<colin> ðŸ‘ ðŸ‘
<geoffroi_garon-epaule> Great job !
<taylor> Great work! Thanks ðŸ™
<ozgur_y> Thank you for the work and presentation!
<phil_l_(p1)> Complexity is common to nascent innovations. I'm sure with time will decompose the steps so that more options will exist to do different parts of the workflow of VCs. And things will get simpler.