Verifiable Traceability Task Force
Transcript for 2022-11-22
- Action Items
- add third proposal to interop 468
- create a separate issue to have server generate issuer field when generating VCs
- nis to ping VladimirAlexiev regarding issue #280
- Orie Steele, Mike Prorock, Mahmoud Alkhraishi
- Our Robot Overlords and Benjamin Collins
- Chris Abernethy, Paul Dietrich GS1, Nis Jespersen , TallTed // Ted Thibodeau (he/him) (OpenLinkSw.com), Benjamin Collins, Orie Steele, Mahmoud Alkhraishi, Mark Foster, Ted Thibodeau
- Audio Log
Our Robot Overlords are scribing.
Benjamin Collins is scribing.
<mahmoud_alkhraishi> Can we not have the issuer always return an ID?
<orie> We do say `id` is required already
<orie> in our profile
<orie> > The object MUST have an id property, and its value MUST be a valid IRI (URI, URN).
Paul: what's the use-case of the requestor providing that id with the provider creating the id ✪
<mahmoud> hi, sorry i crashed, missd your response Chris, will read the log earlier
Paul: the question was what's the use-case for a client to define their own id? ✪
ACTION: add third proposal to interop 468
<nis> Paul, pondering if there are GS1 requirements to be considered?
ACTION: create a separate issue to have server generate issuer field when generating VCs
ACTION: nis to ping VladimirAlexiev regarding issue #280
Paul: this is un-related to the VC data model ✪
Paul: i can ask the EPCIS in the standards to see if he wants to take this on, if you want to work with him ✪
Paul: I can ask the US satndards team and hopefully they have bandwidth to help out ✪
<nis> We still have this ^