Proposing a work item
We’re trying to make CCG participation easy. If you’re not comfortable using Github, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll help you out.
If you are comfortable using Github, please follow the steps below.
tl;dr Create a Github issue using the New Work Item template and send an CCG email discussion list (email@example.com)
- Create a github issue using the New Work Item template. The template will prompt you to enter the following:
- Include a link to an Abstract or Draft of proposed Work Item (typically a link to a google doc or a markdown page in Github, but anything is acceptable)
- The editors responsible for advancing the Work Item. (Proposals may have a single editor; however, before approval of a Work Item it must have more than one editor, and editors must include representation from at least two companies.)
- Note: the Github Work Item template autopopulates the following fields:
- Labels the issue as “Proposed Work Item”
- Prompts to add the editors’ contact information and Github handles to the issue
- Send an email to the CCG mailing list Credentials Community Group firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the Github issue.